Easy Baked Mediterranean Cod is the right weeknight dinner recipe. The fish is flakey and tender, then crowned with tomatoes, onion and olives, and the entire meal is prepared in only 20 minutes!
- 1.5 lb. cod fillets patted dry/any white fish
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice divided
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- ½ purple onion sliced
- ⅓ cup black olives halved
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- Place the cod/fish into a baking try and drizzle a tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice over the cod/fish then sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Into a big bowl add the tomatoes, olives, purple onion, garlic, salt, oregano, thyme, and basil. Add 2 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the bowl then stir to combine.
- Bake the cod for 15-15 minutes or till the fish is flakey and the greens are soft. Be cautious now no longer to over cook the fish otherwise it will likely be chewy.
- You can use any type of white fish in case you do not have cod on hand.