The second wave of COVID-19 is a big wake-up call for us to pay attention to our health. To boost your immunity, start your day with healthy smoothie recipes rich in all essential minerals, vitamins, micronutrients and more. The following recipes take 5 minutes to prepare and are just the boost you need before you settle in for another day in front of the display screen.
Healthy smoothie recipes to add to your breakfast while WFH will boost your immunity
1. Chocolate and almond smoothie
Start your day with a healthy dose of caffeine, that’s breakfast in a glass.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 shot of hot espresso warm
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons of chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons of granola
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- Put all the ingredients together in a blender until it blends well.
- Add more ice and enjoy the delicious mixture.
2. Green smoothie
A great blend that delivers the benefits of folate, magnesium, vitamin B2, vitamin C and more.
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/4 cup chopped melon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 3-4 mint leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons raw wild forest honey
- 2 tablespoons of grated coconut
- Mix all ingredients until smooth except for the grated coconut.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass and add the grated coconut.
3. Banana and turmeric smoothie
This pulpy blend is the best summer smoothie you could have asked for.
- 1/2 cup fresh mangoes
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons of mixed nuts
- 1 tablespoon of jaggery powder
- 1 tablespoon of fresh turmeric (or fed if not available)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon star anise powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sunflower seeds
- Add all the ingredients and mix at high speed until well combined.
4. Red berry smoothie
The bittersweet taste is a delight when looking for a refreshing palette.
- 1/2 cup strawberry
- 2 tablespoons of mulberry
- 1/4 cup cranberry
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 lemon
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup of vegetable milk (almond, coconut, soy)
- Combine all the ingredients at high speed in a blender except the milk.
- Add the milk to the blender now and give it just one quick mix.
- Refrigerate it for a few hours and enjoy!