Sparklin’ Marshmallow Crispy Treats recipe – Kids love making and eating these yummy star-shaped cereal treats. After inserting onto pop sticks they’re decorated with icing and sprinkles.
- 1/4 – cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 – bag (10-1/2 oz.) Marshmallows (6 cups)
- 6 – cups KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal
- 24 – wooden pop sticks
- 1 – tube (0.68 oz.) each: red, white and blue decorating gels
- 2 – Tbsp. each: red, white and blue sprinkles
- LINE 13×9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; lightly grease foil.
- MICROWAVE butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted, stirring after 45 sec. Add cereal; mix well. Press cereal mixture firmly onto bottom of prepared pan; cool.
- REMOVE cereal mixture from pan, using foil handles. Cut into star shapes, using large star-shaped cookie cutter. Insert wooden stick into side of each star. Decorate with gels and sprinkles. Store in airtight container at room temperature.