This Chocolate Oreo Cake recipe is to die for! A moist chocolate cake full of Oreo icing! And not just any Oreo icing, it is FULL of crushed up Oreos. An Oreo lover’s dream.
- YIELD:serves 12
- ACTIVE TIME:45 minutes
- TOTAL TIME:4 hours
- For the Cake:
- 3/4 cup (about 3 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (about 3/4 ounce) cocoa powder
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (about 4 1/3 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the Oreo whipped cream:
- 50 Oreo cookies
- 4 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Make cake: Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat the inside with non-stick pan spray. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into large bowl; set aside. In medium bowl, whisk sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Carefully cut 6 Oreo cookies in half; set aside. Chop remaining cookies into 1/4-inch pieces; set aside.
7. Place reserved whipped cream in pastry bag fitted with star tip (re-whisk if necessary). Pipe 12 whipped cream rosettes around perimeter of cake and garnish with reserved Oreo cookie halves. Serve.